A 55 gallon aquarium is perfect for your home or office. Watching fish swim peacefully has been reported to lower a person’s high blood pressure and anxiety. In order to set up a 55 gallon aquarium, there are several steps to follow to ensure a safe environment in which your fish will flourish.
• You must find the right place for your aquarium. The fifty-five gallon size is no small tank. You will need a sizable space. Do not place your aquarium in direct sunlight.
• Add gravel and fill the aquarium with water. Check with your fish supplier regarding the condition of your tap water and any necessary additives.
• Next, install your heater and filter. This will help to bring your water to the right balance and temperature before you add the fish.
• Accessorize and decorate your aquarium with plants, rocks and other items of your choice.
• Add your fish, but only after the tank has cycled for a few days. Make sure you acclimate them prior to putting them into the aquarium. Many fish stores recommend adding one fish or just a couple of fish at first. You can always add more later on.
Enthusiasts enjoy spending hours watching a tranquil 55 gallon fish tank, and relaxation will come quite naturally as they watch the fish swim gracefully and the plants wave slowly in the water. The benefit of the calming effect of an aquarium comes at the price of a little maintenance, but the rewards are well worth the effort.